Marriage Licenses

Filing Requirements in Jasper County, Missouri

The 1st Party & 2nd Party must:

(1) If Either Party is unable to appear in the Recorder’s Office to apply, due to Military Service, ADA Qualifying Disability or Incarceration, an Affidavit of Absent Applicant may be provided.

(2) Senate Bill 655, which was passed by the Missouri Legislature and signed into law, prohibits marriage licenses from being issued if either party is under 16 years of age. Additionally, the legislation bars the marriage of individuals 21 or older to anyone under age 18. Parental consent will still be required for minors to marry someone under age 21.

* * * ABSENT Applicant Marriage License Applications * * *

(to be used ONLY when one party is not able to apply in person due to incarceration, active military duty, or has a diagnosed significant disability)

Affidavit of Absent Applicant Incarceration – Attach photo ID

Affidavit of Absent Applicant
Active Military – Attach photo ID

Affidavit of Absent Applicant
ADA – Attach photo ID

Who can legally perform a marriage in the State of Missouri?

RSMO Chapter 451.100

Marriages may be solemnized by any clergyman, either active or retired, who is in good standing with any church or synagogue in this state. Marriages may also be solemnized, without compensation, by any judge, including a municipal judge. Marriages may also be solemnized by a religious society, religious institution, or religious organization of this state, according to the regulations and customs of the society, institution or organization, when either party to the marriage to be solemnized is a member of such society, institution or organization.

Any additional questions regarding who can legally perform a marriage should be directed to an attorney.